Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursdays Thoughts

This morning I waited for the house painters to come and (finally) finish the job they started over a month ago. It's been a long haul and at times very frustrating.

My interaction with the painters and painting company got me thinking about the parallels between different industries customer service tactics (they cut across the board). A good customer service rep can make a company look like a million bucks and bad customer service can 1) make clients (or recruits) angry and 2) make them say bad things about you and NEVER return.

I think employers sometimes don't realize that interactions between recruits or potential employees and the human resource and/or recruiting departments can reflect great or poorly on their brand. It's really strange because we hear about this ALL the time but yet few companies really get it right.

You can probably think of several companies you are familar with that do a good job and other that don't do sucha good job of making potential employees feel good about working for their organization. A few I think have been getting it right (although no one is perfect) that I have been following are:

HCA

Trinity Health


North Highland


Deloitte

There are many more out there and I would like to hear from you what companies you think are "getting it right" Drop me a note and I'll add your thoughts in another post.

Thanks for stopping by!