Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday thoughts

On Saturday I received a really nice note from an HR/OD guy I met while conducting a search for a VP of Human Resources. He wasn't an exact fit for that role but I continued to forward positions to him sent to me through my human resource/recruiting network.

I generally don't toot my own horn or wave my own flag but I thought his note was a reflection of what I try to do in my business as far as helping people any way I can during their job search. I have inserted his note below:

Vicki –

Good morning and I hope this email finds you starting to enjoy a restful, relaxing Labor Day weekend.

Your continual assistance during this transition time has been great. You have an excellent customer service work ethic and have earned a strong recommendation from me to colleagues that may be in transition in the future.

Several of the positions you have sent me sound extremely promising. However, at this time, I have taken a teaching position as a professor within a college of business at a university. Having earned my doctorate degree in 2007, working as a college professor was a dream of mine. Concurrently with that, I’ve started a consulting business specializing in human resource initiatives, project management and process improvement. You can visit my website at
www.bridgepointllc.com.

Vicki, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort extended in my direction during these past few months. Were I not changing my career direction, I would most definitely be pursuing several of them until their conclusion.

You’re a pro and one I’ll not hesitate to recommend to friends, colleagues and/or clients.

All the best,

Todd


So I would like to say thanks Todd for acknowleging me for helping you and I wish you much success in your new ventures!