Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday before the holiday

So today I had to fight with house painters again. It is ridiculous that people just don't do what they say they are going to do. I just want them to finish what they agreed to do. As I have found most companies that have project people out on site will tell them what to do from an office, then send the people out to do the work. Problem is none of those "office people" don't come by and actually supervise the work. They usually wait until something has been done wrong and then there is a re-fix. My hope is they will be completed next Thursday 9/4/08 when they told me they would be done. (one can only hope)

So I am also trying to figure out how I can get twitterberry to download on my blackberry; want to have twitter on the run if possible. I really do like the Blackberry World Phone but some of the features are a little frustrating to learn. Maybe I am really blonde.

I actually do work; have my own recruiting/sourcing/consulting business. I really like it; generally my clients are great. I have been working with some healthcare companies and then technology companies that have web hosted applications. I quite enjoy it and must say I am not good at much but I am a good recruiter. I recently hired a part-time recruiter from Cincinnati to work with me; Justin. This guy is great! Reminds me of when I was a younger recruiter. He gets it and knows how to actually source the right candidates; very happy I found him.

Now I hate to go back to the crappy painters but I just walked outside and the sheetrock guy is here. Now why in the world he could not have come earlier beats me: AND he tells me he is going to be here tomorrow. Again not a problem because I just HAPPEN to be in town this weekend. I called the 'office' people; the ones that told me THEY were managing the project but obviously NOT!

So I muse...why don't people just do what they say they are going to do? Hmmm - I need a drink. More to come in the following days.