Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Motivation

My New Year's motivation has come in the form of a competition with a friend of mine. Lucy* knows I have been working on a weight loss plan since April 2006. When I started I was at 33% body fat; recently my trainer took measurements and I am happy to tell you I am now at 18% body fat. The motivation/challenge now is to get "bikini ready" actually to wear one on Memorial Day 2009 at Lucy's pool.

By accepting the challenge I am doing a couple of things; a better job of planning and time management. These two tasks will serve me well with my recruiting business. A few tools I plan to use are the personal Calorie Counter and The National Body Challenge site. The other two things I plan to do are still work with my trainer Liz Greene twice a week and continue my cardio workouts but go more frequently.

I would love to eventually have abs as rock hard as Pink's! but look, for an almost 50 year old I'll be happy to get as close as possible! Everyone says Life is a Journey and who knows maybe once I reach the bikini goal I'll move onto mountain climbing!

Whatever your motivation, challenge or resolution is for 2009 I recommend you get a support person, coach or group to be accountable to. Having someone to report back to is motivation enough not to eat that slice of pie!

All the best to you for a fantastic 2009! I hope you get everything you want this year.
Vicki

(*names have been changed)